Tuesday, September 3, 2013

An U sends poignant memories of a fleeting summer


Although scanning shells is problematic, I suspect you will be able to feel the sensory overload on these cards sent by An. U. They feel so universal without being in the least nostalgic or predictable. It's as if I am holding a memory, counting to myself like tying knots on a rope in an effort to fix the beauty, excitement, emotions of a time on the way out.

 I linger on the gold, the fragments.  I run my finger over the haptic surface. Those eyes know so much!
This one is postcard size, the others are ATC size, although neither are standard or even the same. This is a trash quilt of sorts, an opulent and sultry trash quilt sqare with a story to tell! Look at those implied textures, definately vispo.

And then the envelope suggests the tactile inside. It is all reminiscent of the the Barbara Hepworth garden.  I don't know Latvia but it must have something of Cornwall about it...  Beautiful and thank you An U!

No comments:

Post a Comment