Friday, October 11, 2013

More insights on Memories from Simon Warren




One day soon I need to go back and re-read Simon's memory insights and compile a list.  I was listening to Penelope Lively tonight about her new book.  She talked about being 80 and being able to write with experience from all ages.  She reckons she can still summon a 20 year old self. They say everyone has a time that is their time, that they come back to.  

In these four posts I hear Simon talking in the present talking to his audience and to himself. 

Simon's holes and circles and his word, 'erosion' makes me realise that aging makes holes and moles and other growths.  

I am drawn to Simon's lorum ipsum lines, his ellipsis, his asemic scribble and the way he has varied the size of his hardwriting. 

Where has Simon been? 

Recently I sent something to Simon that was inspired by his holes. Sometimes I find it difficult to let go of a thing I make intentionally.  This time I sent it.  As I finished it I felt Nancy Bell Scott had taken possession of my iron and chosen my scraps.  This is a painted altered book page  with holes and plastic.






No comments:

Post a Comment